- ‘Some assembly required’ will be replaced by ‘just add water’.
- Crisis situations – war torn places, natural damages.
- Able to repair things, and keep people safe.
- Use in classrooms, can be mobile classrooms, extra breakout rooms. Classroom resources can be easily stored, especially if they can be unfolded again.
3D Printing opportunities
- Architecture and construction
- Dental and Medical
- Fashion and Jewellery
Using Tinkercad to create a solution for a problem.
I have created a clip to close plastic bags, roll down the top and slide on.
Management or Leadership?
“The simple insight that management is not leadership is better understood today, but not nearly as well as is needed. Management makes a system work. It helps you do what you know how to do. Leadership builds systems or transforms old ones.” (Kotter, 1996)
What are my influences to change?
A lot of time change comes from the outside, it is how we deal with this change that makes a difference, and how others deliver the change to us.
Ministry of Education view of education by 2025 – an interesting look at how schooling is going in the future. I have added questions/comments about it. Students can use a portfolio of what they have done, rather than a set test, to prove competence and ability.
School Vision Statements
Hamilton Padlet – What are the common themes and distinctive themes.
- Lifelong learners
- Students at the forefront
- Preparing for the future
Distinctive themes are about the person not the learner.
They are all about the future, hopefully this is what the student will turn out like.
Kotter’s 8 Step Change Model.
- Create a sense of urgency
- Build a guiding team
- Develop a vision and strategy
- Communicate the vision
- Enable action by removing barriers
- Celebrate wins
- Sustain change by building on gains
- Embed the change in culture